Sequins and Stripes: An impractical purchase to solve other impractical purchases

Five Dresses, One magical tank top?

There are a number of things in my closet that I do not wear, and aside from trying them on in the dressing room, have never worn. These are things meant to be worn by women who can get away with not wearing a bra.

(My rationalization for the purchases was that I would somehow find a magical bra that would in fact work. But I just never did.)

That being the conflict, I started searching ebay for a top that I could layer with the impossible pieces.

What I bought was a tank top with horizontal stripes covered in clear sequins (under $10)! Something I would have most likely scoffed at had I seen it in a store (actually, defiantly have) – particularly with the presents of the stripes. I’m not sure why my attitude towards them is softening lately, but if this slightly over the top glam tank top does what I’m envisioning, many clothes will be grateful to finally make it out of the closet.

Of the five dresses I’m hoping to make wearable with the top, it will probably only workout for one of them, but we shall see.

2 comments

  1. hohoho...there were some items in my wardrobe I can't wear too...they either needed something else (to be purchased), or waiting for me to shrink to fit them (never gonna happen) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with bras and dresses/shirts. I found something like this:

    http://www.nubra.net/shop/nubra_self_adhesive-1-prd1.htm

    at Walmart and it's really saved a lot of my clothes (my packaging was all cute and girly- the site I linked kinda creeps me out). I do have smallish boobs, so I'm not sure how feasible it is for anyone more blessed in the chest. But I love mine.

    ReplyDelete